Andrew Stephen's areas of Specialization:
Mr. Stephen's thirty eight+ years of global airline leadership and operations experience enables him to consult across a wide array of disciplines supporting AvMaSSI's expansion into Asia. Andrew's expertise ranges from pre-AOC planning, executive mentoring, re-organizations, leadership and operational management of LCCs and mid-sized airlines, fleet changes, to commercial planning and alliance negotiations.
Mr. Stephen compliments the AvMaSSI Team with deep executive expertise and hands on operational experience in all facets of commercial airline business as well as extensive knowledge of European, Asian and Middle eastern operations.
Prior to joining AvMaSSI, Mr. Stephen served as:
- Chief Operating Officer – Bassaka Air, Cambodia from 2014 to April 2015
- Chief Executive Officer – Golden Myanmar Airlines from 2012-2014
- Regional General Manager – Transasia Airways from 2011-2012 (South East Asia)
- Area Manager – Qatar Airways from 2009 – 2011 (Singapore, Hong Kong and Machau) Chief Commercial Officer – VietJetAir – Vietnam's first private airline from 2008- 2009
- General Manager – Jet-Ops FZE/ Seawings – Dubai's only seaplane airline from 2007 through 2008 General Manager – United Airlines (a variety of posts as GM-Hong Kong, Machau, Asia Pacific Offline Sales and Alliances) from 2005 through 2007
- Managing Director – Watermark Asia LTD overseeing two Asia subsidiaries - Glorient In Flight Services and Update International from 2003 through 2005
- General Manager – Virgin Atlantic Airways (Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey), Alliances and Franchises from 1992 through 2003
- Customer Service Manager – Loganair from 1991 through 1992
- Deputy Traffic Manager, Base Manager, Operations Controller – Dan Air from 1977 through 1991.
University of Aberdeen B.Sc Geography with honours
English, US English, French, Greek, Thai